Monday, January 12, 2009

what would make a man do such a thing?

Some people probably think I'm crazy.

I was in a very comfortable position. Jobs that were great ... as a Dee Jay with a good company, as a Teaching Assistant working with a wonderful staff at a good school with lots of seniority ... in a time that many consider financially scary ... to leave those jobs behind.

Winnipeg ... affordable living ... wonderful Grand Beach an hour away ... a very nice place to live. I know this city like the back of my hand. I have friends and family here ... dear, wonderful people that I relate to and care about. It has been home.

Why would I want to leave that behind? In many ways, I was living a very comfortable life with everything in place.

Well- two really big reasons ...

I was too comfortable. While Winnipeg is a wonderful place to live, I feel like I've seen and done pretty much everything. It's time to shake things up. A fresh start can revitalize life and renew me. Challenges can bring out the best in us ... it becomes an opportunity to grow. I want to grow and experience new discoveries. Ottawa impresses me a wonderful place to live. They take good care of this city.
Green space, bike paths ... a well maintained city with a rich variety of activity, not far from Toronto, Montreal, New York and some family (who I have not spent enough time with). I've been lucky enough to see much of Canada ... it's a wonderful country, and I've visited many places that I've enjoyed spending time in, but couldn't picture myself living there. Ottawa was different ... can see it being a wonderful place to hang my hat. Time to shake things up ...




Janice. I was lucky enough to meet Janice a year and a half ago. We randomly crossed paths, and found that we have much in common and make a great couple. She inspires me ... she is loving, warm, intelligent, fun, adventurous, attractive, caring and so much more ... I have done my fair share of dating, and know a good thing when I see one; she is a wonderful partner.

We make a great team ... we are supportive of each other, trust and respect one another, communicate well with each other, enjoy many of the same things ... I look forward to growing old with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment