Friday, January 23, 2009

good bye Winnipeg

It's been my home for many years. Anywhere I go in this town, I have memories of events and people. It's been a wonderful place to live and I've been lucky enough to forge some wonderful friendships here.

Tonight my brother and a few friends came out to say good bye, and it was real nice. We shared some memories and smiled about times past ... there is nothing like old friends to remind you about who you are, where you've been and why life is worth living.

I enjoyed a few Fort Garry Darks as we had a some laughs and reminisced ... I'll have to research the watering holes out there to try and find a worthy replacement.

On my way to the gathering, I couldn't help but drive by my high school and through the neighbourhood where many of my fondest memories come from.

I leave behind a wonderful place, but take with me a Winnipeg Warmth, and know that I have people here who I share memories with. They call it Friendly Manitoba for a reason ...


I look forward to making many new memories in Ottawa with Janice, and we will be back in the 'peg from time to time for visits ...

No comments:

Post a Comment