Tuesday, January 27, 2009

it was a wonderful drive


I was really very lucky ... the weather in this part of Canada in winter can be pretty harsh, but I happened to take my trip at a good time. The roads were clear and dry, the days were sunny ... it was a nice journey.

Yesterday's drive was sweet. I was on the road at 9:00 am and loved the scenery. Around 11:00 am I pulled off the trans - Canada at a small community called Coniston for breakfast. There were two large tables of locals debating current issues over coffee at this older coffee shop ... it's nice to get a taste of the real community.

At about 3:00 pm, at Deep River, my radio started picking up Ottawa FM stations ... I knew that I was not far away. Just before 5:00 I found the traffic getting thicker, and before long I was in downtown Ottawa. I knocked on the door of my baby's hotel room ... when she opened the door I proclaimed "Honey - I'm home!" and enjoyed a hug and a kiss.

I love driving across this beautiful country. I am proud to live among the beauty and warmth of Canada. When I say warmth, I'm talking about the people ...

Janice and I will be here for about another week ... the movers should arrive with our belongings around the 2nd or so.

I look forward to living here. It's a beautiful city, and it is so nice to be with Janice live and in person ... Over the past few months she has been in Ottawa, and I have been in Winnipeg, and we have used the webcam to stay in touch ... Now we can move in to our house and begin a new wonderful chapter in our lives together ...

No comments:

Post a Comment