Saturday, January 24, 2009

day one of my three day drive

I was on the road before 8 am this morning ... it was sunny and cold ... my breakfast was eaten, and my 3rd cup of coffee was with me in the car. I was driving into the rising sun, and as I left town and headed east down the number one, I could help but think about how many times I'd come down this highway.

I have come this way many times ... to dropping papers for The Winnipeg Sun, to head out to The Whiteshell; to go for a trip to Kenora or camping ... but this time was different. This time I am not just going somewhere for a recreational visit ... I am driving to my new home.


Driving through the Canadian Sheild is so beautiful. The rocky pertrusions jutting out toward the sky ... curvy, hillier roads carved through the rocky land ... I love travelling by car - to see our beautiful Canada close up ... there is nothing like it.







I crossed into Ontario
just before 10 am;
and just past Upsala
2:34 pm became 3:34 pm.



By 6pm I had arrived at my motel ... one day down, and two to go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment