Saturday, January 30, 2010

the sights along the way

This week I have been working out in the country south of the city. It's a nice school with caring, talented staff and wonderful students. I worked mainly with kindergarten students this past week, and next week will be there to work with a special needs student as well.

I really enjoy my work. The students are fun and happy, and I often come home feeling very good about the day ... reflecting on moments of smiles and encouragement, learning and growth.

The trip to and from the school takes me away from the city and to a small town. It's a refreshing change of pace, and every time I do the trip it seems I notice something I hadn't before ... a small coffee shop in town, an old church, a rustic farmhouse ... little picturesque details than bring a smile to my face.

This reminds me once again that the journey is often just as much important as the destination. We owe it to ourselves to take the time and make the effort to seize the opportunity and enjoy anything and everything possible along the way. It's those joyful pleasures that can bring us happiness and an appreciation for the many good things in our lives. We owe it to ourselves to make a conscious effort to look for them.

I've got it pretty good right now, and I know it. I am blessed with a wonderful partner, enjoyable work and a good life, filled with many things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment