Saturday, October 17, 2009

turning points

I am glad to be where I am today. My life is good and I am a lucky man. When I think about my past, I can't help but recognize certain times when aspects of my life changed.

In my junior high years, my life took a turn for the better. I remember being overweight and insecure ... a bit of a lost soul. Thank goodness for kind hearted, caring people in the world.

One of the teachers at school took me under his wing. He had a little jogging club after school, and invited me to join. I knew that being overweight had to be dealt with, so I used the opportunity to help burn calories. Before you knew it. I had lost about a hundred pounds. I felt better about myself, and my life took a turn towards the better. It wasn't long after, that I began forging friendships with some pretty wonderful people that I still know today.

Meeting Janice was another huge event as well. I am so lucky to have found someone so warm, caring and wonderful as her. I hope I never take her for granted, and look forward to our years ahead together.

Things happen in our lives when we are open to them. If we sit at home, hiding from life, you can bet that not much can change. But if we are out there, living life, trying things and interacting with others, the possibilities are wonderful.

Whether you want to call it fate, luck, destiny, chance, divine intervention or something else ... you never know what's around the corner in life. One thing's for certain, possibilities abound if we want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment