Tuesday, October 6, 2009

public school

One of the hats I've worn over the past twenty years has been as an Educational Assistant at various schools. I have worked with a wide range of students, from kindergarten to Grade 12, and enjoy working in schools. I have been lucky enough to work with many talented, caring teachers, and think it's wonderful that there are so many teachers working so hard to help young people grow and learn.

Today was spent mainly with grade one students for me, and it was wonderful. At this grade level there is much music and smiles, play and joy, learning and growth. For much of my career, I have enjoyed working with older students, and to rediscover the joy of the younger grades is wonderful.

I love how the younger kids are so filled with happiness and energy. It inspires me to see wonderful teachers leading them into knowledge, growth and being better citizens.

I remember how difficult the younger years were when I was a student. It wasn't until high school that Í found any real friends or enjoyable activities. Most of my earlier years were filled with less than fond memories. I hope that I can help here and there. I hope that I can be an advocate and a role model.

It's nice to be doing such important work, and enjoying what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment