Saturday, October 24, 2009

life long learning

This weekend I will be taking the second course in a series of eight, as I pursue a Certificate in Web Design. It's not a huge undertaking, but I will have the paper at the end, and the courses will reinforce knowledge previous learned elsewhere.

I believe we are never to old to learn. I enjoy opportunities to grow and improve. Even if I am at a class where the material is familiar to me, there are opportunities to learn, grow, improve or absorb something missed previously.

In the past I have attended courses covering many different areas of interests. Some areas revealed my lack of suitability for the coursework being covered. Even this is a learning experience. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In the world of Information Technology, change and evolution are inevitable. Old skills and knowledge become less useful as technologies are updated, so staying current is essential.

I have enjoyed the world of computing since the 80's. Through the years, I have updated my skills and enjoy the challenges involved. I recognized the potentials of the technologies a long time ago, and hope to continue learning the newest skills to be effective. Using current tools, I can improve my services for clients and be more successful.

Knowledge is power, and education helps keep us vital and informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment