Saturday, October 31, 2009

old friends

Today I will be having coffee with an old friend who happens to be in town for a short time.

I am different person today than I was 30 years ago. With the passage of time we evolve. We learn from mistakes, experience life's bumps and bruises, make adjustments and change. The things we've done and the places we've been help make us who we are today. Our roots are a reflection of parts of us.

I have many happy memories from my youth, and some not so happy. I was blessed to have made some great friends back then. They added so much to my world, and I am glad to have spent those years with them.

I don't live in the past ... anyone who does robs time from the present, but it's nice to spend time with old friends once in a while. It's comforting in a way to be reminded that there are people on this earth that you have that special shared past with.

Most of us want to feel connected. Thank goodness for old friends, and the happy memories that can come from seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment