Saturday, September 12, 2009

positive affirmations

I am healthy and happy.

This is the phrase I focus on today. I have used positive affirmations for years. In many ways we create our own realities. We have our battles, our challenges ... how we react to them shapes our happiness and resilience. Today some of my struggles involve health and patience, so I use this affirmation to help me channel my energies in a more positive direction.


I am helpful and friendly.

I have used this affirmation to help me focus on being more approachable and effective at work. Male staff members in the schools can often be perceived as less understanding, less nurturing and sometimes more demanding in ways. I strive to be an advocate for students with my work as an Educational Assistant. I hope my presence assists staff and students as a positive role model. This affirmation can help me bring out some of the positive attributes within me in the workplace.

We attract things to us often by what we focus on. If a person pictures them self as successful and productive, they will often be just that. We have the power within ourselves to overcome obstacles and enjoy life.

Do you believe you can choose to be happy? What thoughts do you choose to spend your energies on? How do you picture your world today? Can you focus on a more positive part of your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment