Saturday, September 26, 2009

life is full of comprimises

Ottawa is a wonderful city, with a lot to offer. It is a joy to live here ... that being said, there are a few things I miss after moving here from Winnipeg eight months ago.

The Forks ... There is something almost magical about The Forks. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels good to be there. I have cycled around there many times ... down the river walk ... over the Riel Esplanade Bridge. We have many beautiful places here in Ottawa like The Byward Market, but I still miss The Forks.

Groove FM ... I was surprised to see that there is no dedicated FM radio station here for Jazz. Winnipeg's Groove FM provides jazz lovers great tunes 24/7. I believe I heard a few weeks ago that there was an application to put a blues radio station on the FM airwaves here ... that would be nice; but I still miss my Groove FM.

Honey Dill Dipping Sauce ... I have looked long and hard, but alas I have been unable to find my beloved sauce anywhere here. In the 'Peg I used to get it at Safeway, but there are no Safeway's around here. I'd like to thank Cindy for bringing some from Manitoba for her visit here.

You can't have everything. Life is full of trade offs and compromises. I believe in thinking positive. It's healthier to spend your energies dwelling on things that will bring a smile to your face rather than bring you down. That doesn't mean I never think about some of lifés shortcomings and compromises. I try to recognize them and move on not dwelling on them ... In the end, it's often best to focus on the good things ... Enjoy what's around us and be grateful for life's riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment