Saturday, May 23, 2009

youth

Lately I've been lucky enough to be working with young kids in schools.

Grade two classes and kindergarten kids have something that most of us seem to lose somewhere along the way. It's promise. Promise of potential.

The future is unwritten for them, and the potential limitless.
As time passes for us, we become who we are. Our experiences shape us.

For the very young, it is more of a blank slate.

I love the opportunity to be encouraging and patient. I am honoured to be able to assist and participate in the process of their development. It is a joy, and I know that it's a chance to perhaps occasionally make a small positive impact.

I like who I am as an adult. I am happy with where I have come, and who the person that I am maturing into; and working with children is a beautiful compliment to that in ways.

Sometimes, I remember snapshots from my youth ... good (and not so good), and it inspires me to look for positive opportunities.

I am enjoying working as an Educational Assistant, and I hope that I might be lucky enough to land a permanent position at a nice elementary school not to far in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment