Friday, May 1, 2009

connections

I like how one thing leads to another sometimes.

I was organizing some of my online bookmarks a couple of days ago, and came across a link to a site that allows users to construct their family tree.

So ... I've started to plug in family members and some of the information needed. It's a bit of hunt at times, trying to fill in dates and places ...

The process has also stirred up memories of my parents who passed on years ago ... stirring memories from my childhood ... and as I add some of their connections to the family tree I try to imagine Europe and the origins of some of my relatives.

It is an interesting learning experience ... clarifying connections and preserving important information for others.

I look forward to finding out a little more about some of the people I am connected to as the tree evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment