Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am the master of my destiny

I have a "widget" on my blog page that generates daily affirmations ... todays read "I am responsible for my life and always maintain the power I need to be positive and have joy".

This is a very powerful reminder to myself that I am the captain of my ship.

Sure, often life throws things at us that we might not be too pleased with ... but most of the time we can choose how we react to those things. We have the power within us to focus on the positive; to direct our energies to more constructive pursuits.

I refuse to be a victim and simply accept sorrow, heartache and disappointment. These things simply bring stress and unhappiness to a person's life. I reject them, and make the choice of smiling and working on positivity.

My life is filled with beautiful, wonderful things ... I am a very lucky man ... and I have the power to do good things and bring joy.

I am where I am today largely by choice, and I can continue to choose the path of my own making.

No comments:

Post a Comment