Tuesday, August 24, 2010

one more step in a greener direction

I love cycling. It's another one of those win - win things ... I get exercise, sunshine and fresh air, while NOT using a gasoline powered vehicle for my transportation needs.

One of my goals this summer was to find a way of being able to get groceries while on my bike. I new what the answer was, and have been watching for my opportunity to put things in place. A little while ago opportunity knocked, when I saw that bike trailers were 40% off at Canadian Tire.

By the way - if you ever get the chance to see the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car" - I'd recommend it. After seeing it, my view of gasoline and automobiles changed completely ...



Today I am off to get groceries by bicycle.

It's not a huge step to reduce my carbon footprint, but the way I see it, even smaller steps can be effective ... as long as they are in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment