Saturday, November 28, 2009

self image

How we think of ourselves is a funny thing. Things such as life experience and gender can make quite a difference in our perspective.

Women can often be very hard on themselves. The images shown in media certainly can contribute to the average female feeling inadequate. It's been my experience that far too many women struggle with self esteem, and unfortunately sell themselves short.

Kids, with their wonderful honesty, often struggle with who they are in the world. At the younger ages they can be like sponges ... soaking up all the bad things that might be said about them.

As I get older, I am more at peace with myself than I was long ago. I remember parts of the journey that brought me to where I am today, and am grateful for for the people I have been lucky enough to know. I remember feeling lost ... wondering who I was, and what was my place in the universe.

I've heard it said that there are three realities: How we see ourselves, how other people see us, and how we really are.

I don't have all the answers these days, but I do feel like I at least belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment