Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blues Festival

For the last two weeks, Ottawa's Cisco Blues fest has been on at Lebreton Flats. With more than five stages to choose from, the variety of musical acts gives you many choices. It should really be called Music Fest and not Blues Fest - as the bulk of the big names are not blues acts.

I volunteered this year at the festival for 3 shifts at the Wired tent, providing beverages for festival goers. This was a good opportunity to get my feet wet in this huge event, so that next year my experience might prepare me for a better volunteer position.

Volunteering allowed me to see a few acts as well ... Our Lady Peace, Jeff Beck, The Zombies, Alan Parsons Project and more ... not a bad little perk for volunteering. I also got to know a little more of the city, and made a few new friends.

Next year, I hope to be part of the Transportation team ...

No comments:

Post a Comment