Saturday, July 11, 2009

beach volleyball

Today I am playing at the HOPE Volleyball SummerFest ... Ottawa's largest beach volleyball event. It's another one of those win-win things that I love so much. I get to play beach volleyball, get some exercise and fresh air, meet some new people and raise money for charity at the same time.

The weather forecast for today calls for showers and thundershowers, so I am a little dissapointed with mother nature. I can't control the weather, so I will try and focus on being grateful that I won't have to worry about a sunburn today :P There is no point in focusing on poor weather ... all that does is help embed in your mind the negative feelings and disappointment, making it worse.

I will be playing with a few people today that I have not met. Many of my team mates today haven't played for years. Since we are playing in the recreational division (and not the competitive) I hope no one is expecting too much of us today ... let's just get through the day without any injuries and try to have fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment