Thursday, June 18, 2009

milestones

On the twenty first of this month I will celebrate another birthday.

Time marches on. and I am older and wiser. I like who I have become and where I am, and remember younger days when I felt lost and unsure. I believe am where I am partly due to fortunate circumstances, partly due to luck, and partly due to effort.

I doubt I would be here without love and support from family and friends. I am also confident that what we put out to the universe comes back to us.

There was a time when I thought that birthdays were just another day ... that every day should be a passionate celebration of life. This belief may have stemmed from pumped up hopes of grand birthday celebrations ... only to be disappointed (most but not all years). Of course - when any event is hyped to an unreasonable point - it leads to a let down.

These days I believe that every day has opportunities for joy and memories, special moments and wonderful potential.

We are what we do, what we think, who we spend time with.

On the weekend I will celebrate with friends, mini - golf and pizza.

I feel like my life is worth celebrating now, more than I ever have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment