Saturday, June 13, 2009

adjusting nicely, thank you

I arrived here in Ottawa five months ago. I remember driving into the city ... coming down Carling Avenue in rush hour and feeling exhilarated and a little lost. Ottawa is a little bigger than Winnipeg, and I did not know the city at all really.

Thank goodness for my GPS. It has come in handy many times. It's not perfect, but it is a valuable navigation tool that has helped me find my way around.

As I revisit various areas, I become more confident and comfortable with the city. Janice and I are fairly active, and this ends up taking us out and around often.

Ottawa has a lot to offer ... and we are out there exploring and discovering and playing.

Last night we enjoyed a play at The National Arts Centre downtown. After, we walked a few blocks to enjoy a beer at The Royal Oak. It was a beautiful summery evening.

My favourite beer in Winnipeg was Fort Garry Dark, and it has been a challenge to find anything comparable here so far ... but last night I enjoyed a Waterloo Dark. It was good : )

Earlier this week, I enjoyed an evening of beach volleyball at Britannia Beach ... the beautiful sunset and awesome weather were a wonderful treat.

I am so glad we came here ... the weather, volleyball, cycling, theatre, music, travel opportunities, and so much more. Ottawa is a vibrant city that promotes healthy active lifestyles ... and as the years have passed this has become more import to us.

I feel happy and alive ... and it is truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment