Friday, April 17, 2009

yardwork

It's mid April ... 19 degrees Celsius above today ... I have to do a little raking.

I don't mind - we don't have a huge yard, and it's a good opportunity to get a little exercise and sunshine.

More importantly ... I am grateful to have a nice home, and tasks such as vacuuming and raking are reminders of how lucky I am.

It's a beautiful day to be outside.

Earlier this week, Janice and I went for our first bike ride of the year. Ottawa is fairly bike friendly - with many streets having a dedicated bike lane. There are many wonderful paths, parks and green spaces that we look forward to exploring this spring and summer.

... and then there's volleyball - Tuesday and Sunday nights ... it's fun and great way to stay in shape. It will be nice to shed a few of those winter calories.


... AND - last weekend Janice and I went to Toronto and enjoyed a visit with some of her relatives and some of my relatives. It's great having them within a few hours away.


Yah baby : )

No comments:

Post a Comment